Show Low has had 18 different post offices locations since the 1870’s. Most were in homes. The 17th was the first one to be built by the United States Postal Service. This room was an approved Post Office twice, once on May 3rd, 2003 as a Celebration Station when the City of Show Low celebrated its 50th year of incorporation anniversary and on February 14th, 2012 as a Celebration Station for the 100 year Arizona Centennial. While located in the Woolford home, it was the towns designated Territorial Post Office and became the first official U.S. Post Office when Arizona became a state on February 14, 1912.
During the two approved celebrations held in the Show Low Museum post office room, the post master, John Hogg and staff hand stamped each visitors letter with a special seal in commemoration of the anniversary. The walls are displayed with photos, stamp pictures made by school children, and the history of all 18 post offices that have served Show Low Arizona.